Monday, July 19, 2010

First day of Workshops

Friday, July 16 was the day everyone had to go to OCAPICA for our first workshop. I learned a lot from this workshop. I learned that I can start from the bottom and make your way on top. For instance, today we talked about how we can work as a nursing assistant and still have time to work our way to the top to become an RN nurse or even a Physician. I even learned that we can get benefits from working in the medical field rather than being a cashier, waitress, etc. I know that Pacific Islanders are what the Medical Field needs because who knows more about our Pacific Islanders better than us? We do. We can advocate for our Pacific Islander communities and what we need. I know that we can be more than security guards, cashiers, truck drivers, etc. I also know that we can go to school and still be able to work if we just manage the time that we have. I am very optimistic of what the group of girls that I am part of this year can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment